Like most people, the last couple of years hasn’t been the best for me. In fact, I can probably say in all honesty that they have been the worst two years of my life. But things are changing. I can feel it. I’ve been able to see my family, people are smiling again and taking their long-awaited holidays. I feel positive that the next 12 months are going to be great!
I started writing the book ‘On the road to Rouen – A handy guide to visiting France in a motorhome’ around eight months ago. I gathered all my notes, maps and photos together from over 17 years of travelling around the country. Then around 40 pages in, I stopped. Stuck. Blank. The size of the task overwhelmed me.
I haven’t sat at the laptop since last December but this week I’ve had so many people asking me about the book and so much support for my work on my Andytravelwriter Facebook page that I sat down last Monday and I haven’t stopped writing since! Last night I saved my progress at page 118
I’ve also had an unbelievable amount of interest in my Quick and Easy van recipes, so I plan to concentrate on that a bit more and have a great recipe section in the book.
Below is a sample.
Andy & Gordi
I thought I’d share one of my 10-minute van meals. Perfect for when you can’t be bothered going shopping but you fancy something really tasty! Quick and delicious, an easy one-pan meal, making it a great motorhome recipe. If you want to turn it into a curry, simply add a tin of coconut milk!
What You Need
- 2 tins Chickpeas
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion
- 1 Green pepper
- Cumin to taste Tumeric to taste
- Curry powder to taste
- Paprika to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Chili flakes (optional)
- Chop up the onion & green pepper.
- Add the oil to the pan.
- Lightly fry the onion and green pepper until soft then throw in the chickpeas.
- If you want the chickpeas softer, just add a bit of water from the tin.
- Add the spices, to taste rather than using exact measurements then just stir well until cooked. 5 mins max!
- Stir in some chopped coriander or parsley and as always, serve with a chunk of baguette and a nice glass of wine.
Ps – Please feel free to share your own quick and easy van recipes!