Anyone travelling in a Fifth wheel.

RV & Motorhome Club homepage Forums New Members Area Anyone travelling in a Fifth wheel.

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anybody is travelling in a Fifth Wheel. We are looking to get a 28 foot fifth wheel and wondered if anybody had any suggestions for brands, layouts etc. Looking forward to talking to you all and meeting up.

Sue Gilson avatarSue

Hi Bruce,
    Welcome to the website 😁
    as you know there are just a few members at the moment once we open it to all I’m sure someone will come along with some helpful advice as we have several 5th wheel members. Good luck

There are a few members on the Facebook group but as sue says once we go public there will a lot more members (hopefully) lol

Inactive

I have a 32ft Heritage Glen 286RL Lite. It travels very well pulled by a Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi.
    If you want an East/West bed, it´s the only one available. 28ft is a bot short for decent living space- we looked at a lot on line and a few at dealers. Really you need to decide how you are going to live with the van and work from there.
    The only issue we have is the island sink is too far away from the other kitchen units and gets in the way of viewing the telly from the sofa. The sofabed isn´t comfortable as there is a bar under your hip!
    IIRC 28 ft falls into the Euro type of 5th Wheel, so you have a few more options. These are narrower than the American ones, like mine. The more slides you have the better for space inside when parked up.
    Again, the van will depend on what truck you get. Euro trucks don´t really have the power to pull a bigger rig, in my opinion.

Inactive

We have a 36ft trailer with 3 slides, previously we had a 32ft bunkhouse which is great if you have children or like us have grandchildren come to stay. But we decided that as we will be travelling in our retirement, we wanted a layout that suits us & this one has an L shape kitchen which gives alot more worktop area than the island type layout (which is what we though we wanted until we saw this!). At the end of the day only you will know what works for your lifestyle so have a good look at the different layouts.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.